Volunteering is a great way to connect with and contribute to your local community, learn new skills and make friends. Volunteering at Allwood Neighbourhood House has lots of benefits for our community, our organisation and, most importantly, our volunteers – Our volunteers often comment that it brings them meaning and purpose, increasing their self-esteem and wellbeing.
Volunteers really are the heart of our community and play a vital role in supporting our day-to-day operations and helping us achieve our goals.
Our volunteers helps us with:
- Admin duties
- Cooking & Cleaning
- Planning and delivering community activities and events
- Organising our spaces and resources
- Committee of Governance
Volunteering in your local community can:
- give you a sense of achievement and purpose
- help you feel part of a community
- help you feel better about yourself by improving your self-esteem and confidence
- help you share your talents, learn new skills and create a better work-life balance
- help combat stress, loneliness, social isolation and depression
- help you meet new people, which can help you feel more connected and valued
Our volunteer positions satisfy Centrelink’s voluntary work requirements.
901 Main Hurstbridge Road, Hurstbridge Vic 3099
Office Hours: 9.00 AM to 3.30 PM (Monday to Thursday)
Phone: 9718 2717 Mobile: 0435 751 651